2018 Scholarship Grant Program Terms of Eligibility
New Mexico Women In Film Scholarship Grant Program for Members 2018 Program Description and Terms of Agreement
* This document includes the terms of eligibility and process for submitting an application. Please read carefully.
CLICK HERE to download this document.
NMWIF will provide a scholarship grant to members to support their professional and career development for the purpose of positively impacting their skills in front of and behind the camera. NMWIF’s goal is to encourage diversity and promote opportunities for members.
Funds available in 2018:
Scholarship and Grant Program Fund for 2018 is projected to be $6500.
Applicants may apply for funding in varied amounts, from $200 to $1000.
Checks will be issued and awarded by the end of October at a NMWIF event.
Who May Apply
- For production grants, LLC, incorporated New Mexico film and video production companies, or a non-profit 501 (c) (3) may apply. Individuals or non-registered businesses are not eligible.
- For Education scholarships, individuals may apply, yet scholarship checks will be issued to the educational facility listed on application.
- You are a current member of NMWIF and continue to maintain this membership for at least 1 year following the receipt of the grant.
- You are over 18.
- You are a resident of New Mexico.
- You have a key role in the project being applied for.
- Consideration goes to applicants who have not yet received a NMWIF scholarship grant.
- Previous grant recipients may only apply for new projects and they have fulfilled their obligation of submitting a report, providing a sample of their finished product (if applicable), and shared lessons learned at a NMWIF event.
Categories eligible for Scholarship Grant Program for Members awards include: Applicants apply in one category only.
- Education/Training - to further one’s professional development in film/media.
- Research and Development
- Marketing and/or Distribution
- Other (it must fit NMWIF mission)
Projects fully funded and/or have distribution
Projects that do not fit NMWIF mission
July 26th, 2018: Applications available online at www.nmwif.com
August 3, 2018 Friday at 12:00pm noon: An in-person opportunity to ask Application Questions at Brown Bag Lunch & Learn session, in Santa Fe.
Deadline: August 31, 2018 Friday midnight. Earlier submissions appreciated.
Complete and accurate documentation is required on all applications. If the application is not complete when it is received, it will not be reviewed.
Applications received by NMWIF will not be returned.
Scholarship Grant 2018 recipients will be handed their checks at NMWIF Award event tentatively scheduled for October 28.
Applications will be assessed in the following manner:
The Committee makes decisions on the applications and submits their recommendations to NMWIF Board of Directors.
For Production Grants the Committee analyzes business and creative aspects of the applications according to the NMWIF’s mission.
For Education Grants the Committee will evaluate how it contributes to career development.
Evaluation of an application includes consideration of the following:
- Track record of the production company
- Experience of applicant and key personnel (if applicable)
- Feasibility of budget
- Passion for the project with a unique angle
- Does the project promote inclusivity, diversity and job creation.
- For an individual, the clear articulation of how the scholarship helps achieve your goal.
Financing and Funds
Scholarship Grant Recipients will be announced and receive their award funds at a NMWIF Event tentatively scheduled for October 28, 2018.
NMWIF expects funds to be spent within 12 months of receipt. If recipient is unable to spend the money to fulfill grant obligations, recipient must notify NMWIF in writing prior to 6 month mark.
In the event of failure to meet NMWIF grant requirements, NMWIF reserves the right to nullify the award, or request funds be returned.
Agreements and Terms
- Recipients agree to sign a customized agreement with NMWIF.
- Money granted will be dispersed by the end of October and funds must be spent directly in ways as outlined in application.
- All grant funds are to be used solely for the purpose of supporting the project. Spending must be consistent with the budget submitted to NMWIF.
- NMWIF will receive credit in productions, and on marketing materials, including logo provided.
- Upon completion a copy of project or relevant materials will be provided to NMWIF (if applicable)
- Scholarship grant recipients agree to share Lessons Learned at a NMWIF Brown Bag Lunch and Learn session coordinated with BBL& L producer or other relevant NMWIF event.
- Submit the required reports.
- And other terms that may apply.
Go to http://www.nmwif.com/scholarships
Contact Board members:
JoAnne Tucker: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joan Golden: email@example.com